Monday, November 29, 2010

Brew day in the coming weekend

I'll be brewing this weekend. I've decided that I'll brew a cream-ish pale ale. If there's time to brew the following weekend, I'll do the Bohemian Pils that I've been formulating in my brain.

The pale ale I'll be doing will be brewed with mostly Pale Ale malt, plus a bit of Cara Foam and Pilsner malt. I'm hoping that the clean flavor will balance well with the Cascade or Amarillo (haven't decided which yet) hops I'll be adding.

I've chosen to use Safale-05 yeast. It's clean fermenting, efficient, and has desirable flocculation characteristics. 12 gallons of it should polish off quickly. Since I'm aiming for a 5% beer, this should easily be sessionable. We'll see how it turns out. With the Brown Ale being so well received, it and this pale might become my house ales. Then the focus can be on seasonal brews.

No comments:

Post a Comment