Thursday, March 17, 2011

Quick beer shot

Here it is, the beer money-shot. Wait for it...









Check out the clarity. I don't even filter - and if you look close enough, you'll see dry-hops that are pouring out of the keg with every glass. Regardless, the beer tastes great. A strong bitter, beautiful malt. I am definitely digging it.

In other news, I received my 9 bag shipment of grain. It's amazing how delicious the Caramel Munich 120 tastes. It really does taste intensely of raisins and coffee. A beautiful combination that will no doubt make the stout I'm going to brew have great notes of fruit and coffee. I won't be adding any _real_ fruit of course - that's for cheaters :P

I've been getting differing feedback on the 'Black-Capped Brewery' name from people. Some think it sounds like pirates and illegal things. Others caught the Chickadee reference. Not sure what pirates and chickadees have in common - we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment